Technical and Functional Expertise
06 November 2020 - 29 November 2020
Cloud & Infra
Cloud Operations Specialist
Cloud Operations Specialist is responsible for providing management of Cloud infrastructure and services, works with implementing, testing and documenting technical platform solutions according to given specifications, solves 2nd level incidents and problems. Role participates in technical guidance work to support the projects and customers.
Role has established knowledge of Cloud core areas, understands them and can do configurations. Cloud Operations Specialist has administrator or associate industry certificate and typical relevant experience is 3-6 years.
Cloud Operations Specialist job functions
Cloud Operations Specialist competences these Cloud core areas such as:
• Cloud Networking infrastructure
• Cloud storage infrastructure
• Cloud Identity and Access Management
• Cloud Database infrastructure
• Cloud redundancy
• Cloud scaling
• Cloud Monitoring & Alerting
• Cloud Infrastructure as Code
Cloud Operations Specialist tasks are including:
• Supporting new solutions in AWS, Azure or GCP – dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, reliable and secure infrastructures, services and applications.
• Participating in operations work in 24/7 shifts and cooperating with other members of Cloud team
• Proposing optimizations of existing managed cloud framework and providing feedback to architecture team and customer unit team
• Resolving incidents on customer’s Public Cloud infrastructure and services. This includes work in MS Azure, AWS and GCP environments
• Performing changes in customer’s requirements based on customer’s requests
• Following Public Cloud specific processes and delivering incident resolution within SLA targets
• Working with application development teams to support the implementation phase
• Participating on projects for onboarding of customer under Managed Cloud services
Add-on services and consulting
Cloud Operations Specialist can also participate and manage separately ordered services or consulting. Services and consulting work are ordered separately and will be delivered to the customer according to agreed schedule and amount of work.
Examples of separately agreed upon tasks:
• Creation of additional reports, analysis and documentation
• Working outside office hours
• Cloud Container infrastructure
• Cloud Data analytics infrastructure
• Cloud Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure
• CI/CD pipelines
• Cloud Big Data
• Cloud Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Good to have Azure certifications
• Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Administrator
• Microsoft Certified: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (AZ-204)
• MCSE - Cloud Platform & Infrastructure
• Exam AZ-120: Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads
• Exam AZ-500 - Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
• Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions (AZ-400)
Welcome to an exciting journey. TietoEVRY creates digital advantage for businesses and societies. We are a leading digital services and software company with local presence and global capabilities. Nordic values and heritage are the foundation of TietoEVRY success. Let's build a brighter future. Together.
Read more about us here.