Application and Product Development
02 March 2021 - 30 March 2021
Product Development Services
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who will be responsible for developing a part of the system, including designing it to fit into the architecture, possibly prototyping the user-interface, and then implementing, building, unit-testing, and integrating the components that are part of the solution.
Maintenance of existing SW components will be also part of the role.
· Application support (1st to 3rd line, usage and technical) in a Linux environment
· Application administration, monitoring, optimization, in-depth troubleshooting (application, interface with IT environment, JVM), testing
· Potentially involved with development/automation of the service (packaging, optimization of the solution, automated deployment, monitoring & analytics, HA, cluster, …) to integrate/scale the solution to a large-scale IT environment.
· Be active in internal community
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Computer Science
· 2 years or more of relevant experience, which can include internship
· Proficient with Linux, including related IT environment
· Proficient with automation and scripting (e.g. shell)
· Proficient with servlet containers such as Tomcat
· Proficient with Web Services (http/https, REST).
· Proficient reading, understanding and troubleshooting JVM
· Proficient with SQL in general, at least basic DBA knowledge (e.g. indexing, optimization)
· Ability to solve complex problems quickly and completely, and document solutions
· Excellent team player and problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience with user support
· Good English (written/spoken)
· Experience with source versioning (GIT)
· Experienced with binary management systems (Artifactory, Nexus)
· Experience with Groovy
· Experience with Docker
· Experience with automated deployment framework (e.g. Ansible)
· Experienced with using Agile development methodology (Scrum, Scaled agile, Kanban).
· Experience with Gerrit and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
Welcome to an exciting journey. TietoEVRY creates digital advantage for businesses and societies. We are a leading digital services and software company with local presence and global capabilities. Nordic values and heritage are the foundation of TietoEVRY success. Let's build a brighter future. Together.
Read more about us here.