Tieto’s Integrated Annual Report 2017 has been published. It describes the results and outlook of Tieto’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) 2020 plan, which focuses around three long-term objectives: minimizing environmental impact, being an ethical forerunner, and creating value for all stakeholders. The plan also reflects the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In addition to the sustainability section, the Report by the Board of Directors includes a new section on the Non-Financial Information outlining Tieto’s corporate responsibility activities in line with the new requirements set out in the Finnish Accounting Act.
Corporate Responsibility 2017 highlights are:
- A study of how our IT solutions enable low carbon economy estimate that Tieto helped customers avoid 75 kton CO2 emissions through use of IT services – three times our own reported emissions.
- We succeeded in increasing customer and employee engagement. Our data shows a clear correlation between employee engagement, customer experience and revenue growth.
- Tieto Sweden was the first IT company in the world to receive gender equality certification from the Swiss EDGE Certified Foundation at the end of 2015, and was recertified again in 2017.
- We took renewable electricity in use for our Nordic datacenters and reduced related emissions by 44%.
- Tieto’s intelligent head office was awarded the first in Finland with the highest Platinum certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
“Our Corporate Responsibility 2020 plan includes more ambitious goals than before. Over the years we have consciously built our capability and improved our performance in the CR area. We contribute to the UN SDGs through our work and our IT solutions create value to everyday life for people and businesses as well as on societal level”, says Kia Haring, Head of Global Communications and Corporate Responsibility at Tieto.
“I am especially happy about the high increase in the use of renewable energy as well as the EDGE gender equality recertification in Sweden”, concludes Maija Tenhunen, Senior Corporate Responsibility manager at Tieto
The integrated report is available at www.tieto.com/ar2017. The Sustainability Report 2017 is externally assured.