On Saturday 25 March 2017, Tieto will join the global initiative in the Earth Hour event, the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment. The lights will be shut from all Tieto offices around the world at 8.30 pm local time.
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of society today, and it concerns all of us.
We have addressed our environmental responsibility for many years, and started to explore the energy efficiency of our data centres already back in the 1970’s, as one example.
To mention some actions around what we do to minimize environmental impact:
- management of CO2 emissions through energy efficiency in offices and data centres
- minimizing business travel
- helping customers avoid CO2 emissions through digital solutions
- responsible management of waste and use of materials and chemicals
- ISO 14001 standard covers 95% of our employees
Join us in the WWF Earth Hour ‘Lights Out’ event on Saturday 24 March!