Success in change is a complicated and time-consuming affair. NTE therefore brought in expert expertise to help employees learn new ways of workingNTE
- Teaching people to work in new ways is a complicated affair, says Jørn Engberg, project manager and IT architect at NTE.
He is responsible for introducing new forms of work based on Office 365. The company is Trøndelags's leading player in the production, distribution, and sale of green and renewable electricity, as well as a number of other related services for both consumers and businesses.
As a socially critical player, the Group depends on employees always having access to their work tools, regardless of time and place. It was, therefore, natural to upgrade to the Office 365 interaction platform for NTE's 750 PC users.
- The goal is for all employees to have more productive and efficient working methods, says Engberg.
The project was initiated in the spring of 2018. The first step was a preliminary project to identify opportunities.
- After the preliminary project, we decided that Office 365 was the right solution for us. We therefore ran a tender competition to find the right supplier to help us with the introduction. The project touches many people. We therefore needed help from someone who had done it at other businesses before, says Engberg.
TietoEVRY pulled the longest straw. This is largely because the company has proven experience and expertise from similar projects at other large companies.
- TietoEVRY's consultants proved that they understood the challenges associated with such an introduction. It is not very often that you carry out such important projects that change so much, he continues.
Advisors from TietoEVRY have contributed throughout the project. The work has been rooted in a methodical approach combined with best practice in good user adoption.
- TietoEVRY has provided us with valuable assistance in planning, start-up and in the process.
Based on the advice of the consultants, NTE has done most of the work itself. TietoEVRY has contributed insights from our own experiences from previous and parallel customer projects.
- Practical and good guidance has made it easier to reach the goal. The same goes for the proper use of course holders and instructors from TietoEVRY, as well as support related to user adoption, says Engberg who does not hesitate to recommend others to associate with such competence when changes are to be made in the user environment.
- Practical and good guidance has made it easier to reach the goal. The same goes for the proper use of course holders and instructors from TietoEVRY, as well as